CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

UNPLANNED ADVENTURES








Today my friend Julia said this on Facebook "Sometimes, the best adventures are the ones you don't plan." This is so true. Last October we woke up one morning and I said to Jason "Hey, let's go somewhere. Lets call your Grandma and my Grandma and take them to Oak Island." We had been wanting to go but never took the time. Jason's Grandma had never seen a lighthouse before and Oak Island had the only one that Jason and I had not seen in NC. We called everyone and said "be ready in an hour!" We drove to Fort Fisher and had a picnic on the beach, then we rode the ferry over and played on the beach in front of the lighthouse. Sydney and Rachel thought it was so cool to go on a day trip with both Grandma's. They has the best time singing in the car.

I have a couple of day trips planned for the girls this year but with no specific dates. I think I will keep it a secret until the morning we are leaving each time. I will know when we are going, but it will be fun for them when they wake up on a new adventure that they weren't expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment