CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 4, 2010

THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS AS THEY APPEAR


Yesterday I went to the Dollar Tree to get some flower pots, thanks for the tip Jessica. They have some really cute ceramic flower pots with a shiny glaze on them this year as well as other gardening materials. They have hand tools, gardening gloves, flower pots, hummingbird feeders, paving stones, seeds and a bunch of other stuff. Rachel and I then went to Wal-Mart and got some small plants and potting soil. It was messy outside so Sydney and I potted the plants in the kitchen after school. A little messy, but fun all the same.

Seeing the hummingbird feeders reminded me of a really funny story from last summer. Maybe you had to just be there but to me it was hilarious. My daddy was at my uncle Ivey's and decided to walk home (because he got mad and wanted to be alone). It was one of those super hot NC summer days when you start sweating as soon as you walk outside. Well, to get to his house from Ivey's he has to walk a long dirt road through the woods and then walk through a huge field. I drove the long way around and got to the house first. It was just blistering hot and I felt sorry for him, I could see him coming across the field but it was at least 5 more minutes before he would get to the house. I decided to go in his house and get him a glass of ice water. There was a mason jar full of cold water so I got a glass out and added some ice cubes, poured in the water and went outside to meet him. He still had a couple of minutes so I crossed the street and walked into the field a little ways. I handed him the glass when I got to him and he took a big gulp, then another...... and he said "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" I said "it's water out of the refrigerator" and he said "that's hummingbird feed!" He had mixed 1-2 cups of sugar with water and he had been using it in the hummingbird feeder. I thought I would just die from laughing so hard. Hey.... at least I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment