CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

NEED A VACATION FROM THE EVERY DAY? LOOK NO FURTHER.......

Need a vacation from your every day stresses or just a little time to yourself? Doesn't a trip sound wonderful? Don't have the money? You would be amazed how cheap a little time away could be........if you just look in the closet or visit the library...... "Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book."
~Author Unknown
No, reading is not just for nerds and it can actually be a pleasant experience. "I LOVE to read" is an understatement. You can travel to places you never would have imagined. Even if it's just a few minutes a night after the kids are in bed, you can enjoy some time for yourself. If it has been awhile, look online or ask some friends what good books are out there. I have had wonderful suggestions from some of my friends like my sister Jessica, Sherry, Nicole, Mandy and my mother-in-law too! They seem to like some of the same reads that I do.

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."
~Mark Twain, attributed
You don't have to spend a lot of money on a good book. There are libraries in every town that are full of them. Some you can reserve titles online and pick them up, there are book drops outside and best of all a library card is free. Take your kids with you, what better example do you think you could be setting? Sydney has fallen in love with reading and I am just "tickled to death"! You can check books out for 3 weeks at a time and if you are not finished you can check it out again. You may have to go by or you may be able to call and check it out again by phone or online. This is much cheaper that buying books. You can also borrow books for your friends, but be sure to take good care of them so your friends will let you borrow again in the future!

Also, you don't have to go for the same type of book every time. For instance, if you read my blog you are well aware that I like books in the vampire genre. I am reading book 5 of "The Morganville Vampires" series right now, but that isn't all I like to read. Expand your mind! There are so many types of books you can read it is amazing. If you want to read all romance novels, by all means do so, do what makes you happy. If you don't like to read, don't torture yourself!
I have decided that in case anyone is interested, I will mention book titles from time to time in my blog just in case someone needs a good reading suggestion. If you know of a great book, send me a message and I will share it on my blog.
My first suggestion is:
THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer
This book is described as science fiction for people who do not like science fiction. Yes, this is the same person that wrote the young adult Twilight Saga, but do not let this turn you off, this is her first adult novel. I actually would never have thought it was the same author. This novel was a very pleasant surprise after reading the Twilight Saga. I would definitely read it again and probably will in the near future. I could not put it down. Here is a description for you:
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away.
Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed.
When Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves—Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.
"My test of a good novel is dreading to begin the last chapter." ~Thomas Helm
(This is so true! I love it when this happens and hate it all at the same time!)
HAPPY READING EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment