CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 19


Wow, I can hardly believe that this is day 19 of my 30 day blog challenge. It seems like I just got started.

Do you remember what it was like at Christmas or your birthday and you were excited to know what your presents were going to be? I remember Shannon and I searching the house completely over at Christmas time every time Mama would leave and we never ever found anything!

Well, last night Sydney got into my closet where she knew her birthday presents were. I was charging her Nintendo DS. She found the DS and her Zhu Zhu pet from Rachel. I was just so outdone and disguisted. Her birthday isn't until the 18th. We gave her the option to have another big party this year, because we always have this huge party with about 50 people, or a shopping weekend at Myrtle Beach. She chose the shopping weekend. Jason and I reserved the hotel and planned to take her out to dinner Friday night and give her the presents after dinner. Well, these were her only presents except for Carrie Underwood tickets. She LOVES Carrie Underwood so she will be so excited, but she knows what her other presents are. I think all in all I was just disappointed that I didn't get to see her face when she saw them. This is one of the best parts of being a mom for me. I like to surprise them and see their faces when they get so excited.

At first I told her I was taking them back, she cried, then I said she would have to wait til Friday after dinner to see if she still gets the same presents and she still cried. I really couldn't be mad or upset with her because I used to try to find my presents too. I really don't think I will have to worry about her doing it again because after all the drama she cried because she did it in the first place!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on day 19! Keep it up! Those are some great presents especially since she gets to go shopping too.

    ReplyDelete