CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 5, 2010

FLY SWATTER

Well, for some reason my kids are having a hard time listening to me lately and doing what I say. I have found myself repeating what I say about 10 times and this is very annoying. Jason has even said, "you're yelling a lot lately." I have also found that if I raise my voice it scares them into doing whatever they were supposed to do in the first place. I do not want to yell at them but this has gotten out of hand. I have found only 1 weapon. THE FLY SWATTER. They are absolutely terrified of it. I don't even have to use is, just threaten to use it or even just show it to them and they are up and moving like busy little bees as hard as they can.

This reminds me that a friend of mine once told me that she has a yard stick. She doesn't spank her kids with it either. She said that she's just not going to strain her voice. She hits the kitchen bar with the yard stick and her kids just straighten right up. I don't know how long it will last, but right now it's all that's working for me, so I'm going to use it while I can and at least I'm not yelling at them. Got any better suggestions, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment